Masala Sea Perch Oven Baked
Freshly caught sea perch spiced lightly with Indian herbs and spices and oven baked for 30 minutes. A great easy to prepare budget dinner for the family.
- Gut the fish (approx 900 gm) and have it fully scaled by the fish monger
- Cut off any fins and the tail
- Cut gashes across the body of the fish, 1 inch apart from top to the bottom, to the bone.
- Wash thoroughly
Create Spice Mix
- 2 large garlic
- 2 large green Asian chili
- 10 curry leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Grind the above into a smooth paste in blender.
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon Balsami Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- All the paste and the powders to a small bowl, add a little water and 2 tablespoon of olive oil. Mix well into a thick paste.
- Place fish in a large baking dish
- Apply the marinade paste onto the fish. Smear into the gashes on the body of fish. Place a dry towel over fish and allow to rest for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 180 centigrade
- add the baking dish with fish to preheat oven. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes
- Take out of oven and serve with fresh onion and lemon juice.
This is an easy to eat dish as the bones run along the main spine of the fish and can be seen easily and pulled out. Hope you try this soon. Claude
This is an excellent dish made with Sea Perch that I bought at the local Farmers Market in Kelvin Grove in Brisbane.
Leave a Reply