Scrambled Eggs on Toast Served With Tomato Salsa
Great receipe to make on the weekend. Easy to do and cost around $4 per person. Takes just 10 minutes to prep and about 15 to 20 minutes to cook. I served the eggs on toast with tomato & mushroom accompanied with avacado and rock melon for color and as part of the dish. Look great, taste even better.
- Chopping board
- Frying Pan
- electric egg beater
- 1 large Tomato cut into wedges
- 1 large Mushroom cut in large cubes
- 1/2 medium Onion sliced thick
- 6 cloves Garlic sliced
- 1/4 inch Ginger cut into thin match stickes
- 2 sprigs Green coriander chopped
- 1/8 tspn Turmeric
- 1 tbspn Virgin coconut oil
- Salt for seasoning
- 4 organic eggs whipped up
- 1/4 cup almond milk or thickened cream add this to the eggs and beat
- 1 green chili chopped
- salt for seasoning
- 1 tspn organic butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for frying
Bread For Toasting
- 4 slices rye bread thinly sliced
- organic butter to apply to toast
How To Make Tomato Sambal
- Heat oil in pan. Add sliced garlic and ginger and fry for a couple of minutes. Add onions and fry for additional 2 minutes
- Add the tomato and mushroom and stir. Add turmeric and rest of the ingredients. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes
- Add salt to taste and take off stove. Serve on the side of plate.
How To Prepare Scrambled Eggs
- Beat eggs in bowl with egg beater. Add either thickened cream or almond milk and beat. Make the mixture fluffy. The more aerated the mixture the fluffy the scrambled eggs will be.
- Add salt and pepper to the mixture. Add chopped chili to the egg mixure.
- Heat pan with olive oil. Add egg mixture and stir slowly until egg is scrambled, light, fluffy and moist. Add butter and mix well.
- Take off stove.
How To Serve
- On a large plate I placed sliced avocado and rockmelon slices.
- Add the sliced rye bread toast (apply butter to toast) to one side of plate
- Dish out the tomato sambal slightly over the toast and on the plate. Leave space for the scrambled eggs.
- Add scrambled eggs near the toast. Sprinkle with scracked black pepper and chopped green coriander. Serve and enjoy with hot brew organic coffee.
#MYFOODAFFAIRS Cooking ShowStarts now ...Posted by Claude Everard Fullinfaw on Saturday, 20 June 2020
You can prepare this dish with any side dish of vegetables. Add bacon and or sausages as accompaniments. One of my favorite breakfast dishes.