This is a very easy dish to prepare. Its relatively cheap expect the Shiitake mushrooms may make the price go up a bit.
A quick note. You can pre cook Quinoa and keep in frig and use as you need with salads or chicken.
Quinoa With Shiitakes and Snow Peas
A very easy dish to prepare and very satisfying.
- cooking pot
- Chopping board
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tabsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves thinly sliced garlic
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms discard stems, caps thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 4 ounces snow peas thinly sliced on an angle
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 spring onion sliced
How To Prepare
- Place quinoa and 2 cups of water in a small pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir once, cover and reduce the heat to low. Continue to cook until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 20 minites. Remove from heat, let to stand 5 minutes, uncover and fluff with a fork.
- While quinoa is cooking heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (1 minute).
- Add the mushrooms to this and stir and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes until mushrooms are cooked well.
- Add the snow peas and salt and stir for 3 minutes. Add black peper and stir. Remove from heat.
How To Finish The Dish
- Take a large bowl, add the cooked quinoa. To this add the mushroom- snowpeas and stir.
- Add soy sauce, shallots and 2 teaspoons of sesame oil and toss.Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
A good chicken curry would compliment this dish well. #MyFoodAffairs