- Pot to boil potato
- Frying pan to fry the spices
- 6 numbers potato 6 small potatoes
- half cup green peas
- half teaspoon turmeric power
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 green chill slit or chopped
- fresh curry leaves for seasoning
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 2 tablespoon oil to fry spices
- salt to taste
- Cut potatoes into cubes and place in pot with water, a little salt and pinch of turmeric. Boil until soft
- Drain boiled potatoes. Mash and keep aside
- Take a frying pan, place oil and heat gently
- Add mustard seeds, slit green chili, fresh curry leaves and gently fry. Add turmeric and salt and chopped fresh tomatoes and green peas and gently cook for 5 minutes.
- Next add mashed potatoes and mix well, taste for seasoning
- serve as a side dish or as filling for masala dosa
Masala Dosa from South India sometimes referred to as Tosai in Malaysia can have a number of different fillings or toppings. One of my favorite is the mashed potato filling flavored with turmeric and black mustard seeds. This is also served with the lentil curry called Sambhar.
Its quick and easy to make and here is the recipe.