Poached Eggs on Bed Of Sautéed Mushroom and Spinach
Here is a great tasting dish that I made one Saturday morning for breakfast. It was a day for a hot breakfast. We wanted to eat healthy and no fried eggs and bacon. I came up with a delicious dish where I pan fried vegetables with poched eggs. Just what we needed. Try it
- Frying Pan
- Chopping board
- 2 eggs organic
- 6 mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1 large tomato sliced in wedges
- 2 sprigs spring onions in 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 sprig celery in 1 inch pieces
- 2 spears asparagus in 1 inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado chopped into chunky pieces
- 1/2 tspn turmeric
- 1/4 tspn chili flakes
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp tbsp olive oil
Pan Cook The Veges In a large frying pan
- heat olive oil,
- add the chopped garlic with crushed chili flakes and after a minute add the celery,
- spring onions.
- Stir for 1minute then add the turmeric.
- Add salt for seasoning.
- In another pan heat water with lemon juice or vinegar.
- When water is hot add two eggs and poach until cooked. I normally spoon hot water over the yolks to get the yolks to have an off white haze to them. I personally love my eggs runny but with a hazy look to the yolks.