Curried Black Peper Prawn Fry
- 20 Green prawns clean and slit the prawns length wise. Add a pinch of turmeric, 2 tspn of black, curry leaves, salt and mix thoroughly. Leave to marinate for 1 hour.
- 8 curry leaves 8 leaves
- 2 fresh green chili 2 green chili optional
- 1 small red onion 1 small onion chopped
- 2 tbspn fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely sliced
- 3 tspn crushed black pepper
- 1 tspn turmeric
- 1 tabspoon green coriander chopped
- 4 tabspn oil
- salt to taste
- Take a pan and heat oil
- Add the crushed black pepper and curry leaves
- Next add green chili and fry.
- Add chopped ginger and garlic and stir for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Next add the marinated prawns, stir on high heat for 5 minutes. Add a tablespoon of tomato puree to the prawns and fry.
- Add salt to taste. Throw in some fresh chopped corriander, stir and serve hot
This curried prawn recipe is so simple to cook. I think it was harder shelling the green prawns that the actual cooking. Great to have with home made paratha bread and try keeping some for the next day. The leftovers always taste better.