Fresh Green Prawn Curry
- 16 fresh prawns shell prawns
- 1 small onion dice
- 2 cloves garlic chop finely
- 1/2 tin tomato puree
- 1/2 green capsicum diced
- 2 sprigs coriander chop
- 1 green chili slit the chili length wise
- 1 tspn turmeric
- 1/2 tspn black onion seed
- 1/4 tspn black crushed pepper
- salt to taste
- 3 3 tabspn oil
- Pre Prep Prawns
- Shell the prawns, take out heads and tails. Also remove the vein by running a knife along the back of the prawn and take out the thread you see. Wash the prawns once you do this.
- Marinate the prawn with quarter teaspoon turmeric, salt and a pinch of black pepper. Add some chopped coriander and mix and marinate with salt.
Prepare The Curry Sauce
- Take a frying pan, add oil and gently heat
- Next add the onion seeds and black pepper. and as soon as you see the seeds sizzle add the chopped garlic, diced capsicum and chili, gently fry.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the prawns and cook till done. Prawns tend to cook fast so this will be ready in 5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and a sprinkle of coriander and serve hot with rice. Great to have with paratha bread
Our neighbors came over for dinner the other night and brought some fresh green prawns as their contribution. My wife Vicki had some fresh Feta cheese from the local market stall in Kelvin Grove.
This recipe turn out pretty well.
Hope you try it soon