Fresh Okra Curry Fry
Okra or Lady Finger Vengetable is one of my favorite dishes. The vegetable has no strong taste of itself and I find making the dish spicy and dry helps to make this incipid fruit rather interesting. This recipe came out pretty well. It was moist yet dry enough for the dish to be tasy with the various spices and herbs I added to give flavor. Great side dish to compliment he mains you serve up at your dining table. In Australia okra is not a very common vergetable found at super marts. The cost isnt as affordable as making a potato curry. But still worth it. You can find okra at your friendly weekend markets. Check the Asian stalls for this fruit!
- Chopping board
- cooking pot
- 199 gm Okra cut the okra into small 1/4 cm pieces
- 1 medium onion chop the onion
- 6 cloves garlic slice the garlic
- 2 whole green chili chop chili
- 1/2 tspn red chili flakes
- 1/2 tspn red chili powder
- 1 tspn turmeric powder
- 1/2 black pepper powder
- 1/4 tspn salt to taste
- 1/8 cup olive oil
Prepare the Ingredients
- Follow the ingredient list as I have explained how to cut or chop the vegetables above
- Heat oil in pot. Add the garlic and onion, fry for a minute or two
- Next add all the spices and herbs and gently fry for a minute or two. May add little water to prevent the spices from burning. PS: Don't add too much water as we want the dish to be as dry as possible. The okra does have moisture and is quite sticky. We do not want the final product to be a sticky mass.
- Once spices are fried well, add the okra and stir well for few minutes. You may add a little water just to help not burn the dish.
- Add salt for seasoning and serve hot
Leave a Reply