Cauliflower And Pea Curry
- large cooking pot
- cooking sppon
- Chopping board
- 250 gm Cauliflower approximately quarter large cauliflower cut into florets
- 1/2 cup Green Peas frozen peas used
- 80 gm Brown Onions 3/4th of large onion. Take onion, peel. Then sliced in half. Then sliced again in half. Finally sliced into fairly thick slices.
- 25 gm Garlic approximately 5 cloves, thinly sliced
- 60 gm Shallots slice into 1 cm chunks
- 1 large Tomatoes cut into large wedges. This will add flavor and color to the final dish
- 2 sprigs Mint leaves chopped
- 1 sprig Basil leaves chopped
- 2 Green chilies thinly sliced. You can add more if you like the dish to have more heat.
- 200 gm Chopped tinned tomatoes I added tinned tomatoes to the dish to give it a bit of curry sauce. It worked out well.
- 6 gm Cumin Seed
- 2 tspn Tumeric
- 1/4 tspn Chili Powder
- 4 gm Cumin Powder
- 2 sprigs Green Coriander leaves chopped
- 1/4 tspn Salt
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and then parboil. Season the water with turmeric and salt.
- Prepare the ingredient list as shown above
How To Cook
- Take a large pot, add oil and heat.
- Add the cumin seed first and lightly fry. Add then the onion, garlic and shallots. Stir for a couple of minutes
- Add the cumin power, chili power and turmeric and stir. Then add the fresh chili to the mix along with the tomatoes. Stir well for 1 minute.
- Add the cauliflower and peas. stir for 2 minutes
- Now add the basil leaves, mint leaves and fresh corriander and stir for 30 seconds
- Serve hot
This is a dish that is easy to make. Great accompaniment with other dishes. Can we eaten by itself with either rice or parathas or both. I like having some hot mango pickle and yogurt to accompany the meal. Brings out the flavors from the vegetables. Bon Appetit!